Monday, January 9, 2012

So Crazy

 Life really never seems to slow down for even a second around here and I find myself looking back and thinking “there was a month between November and January"?  We'll, the good news is that we have moved! It’s not a permanent place but with a cheaper rent, more room to grow, and lots of charm, it’s hard not to feel right at home. It’s a little crazy to think that this is just the beginning of My Darling's and my life together. I sit huddled under a bundle of blankets in bed as I type this because it turns out, a log cabin built by an amateur (i.e. no insulation in the roofing, walls, cracks in the sealant between the wood walls that you can see light though, and wood floors that you can see the sub floor though) and the combination of propane to heat the place equals a hefty monthly cost. So, as for now, we run the heat just until its warm enough not to start feeling numb and then shut it off and run electric space heaters here and there though the little house. But there's loads of charm to make up for the heat and sometimes I find myself actually getting some work done and unpacking. It makes me wonder how on earth we kept all this stuff in a one bedroom apartment and how on earth half of it hasn't been thrown out yet! With all the commotion it’s easy to forget the most important holiday of the year. Luckily, we actually did get our tree set up (and it is STILL set up) and I even found the time to make Christmas gifts for everyone. Unfortunately, though I was bright enough NOT to pack away my camera, I found out later that the battery had been charging when we moved and I DID pack it along with the charger. So no Christmas photos :(.

 While my Sweet and I stayed at my grandparents place over new year’s weekend, we even had a bit of time to enjoy the break and get a little DIYing in and crafting in ... but I think those deserve posts all to their own. Oh, and while all this has been going on, dare I say it? We're trying for a baby. Yeah so like I said before, crazy. It’s not the ideal life for everyone, shoot, its sometimes not even the idea life for me, but I can't help thinking that one day, when Hubby and I are all old and raisinesc, we will look back and think " man those were good days"... well, we might actually thing "where did we get all that energy from"! But I'd like to think we'd think the first. lol. I will try my best to get a post done for each thing we got done and are getting done shortly and it should have lots of photos because I found the box with my camera charger in it. Haza!

No comments:

Post a Comment