p.s. Just thought of this... one of these sweet puppies would be great to finish off a mango salad for a nice tropic picnic or out on the deck or porch.
You will need: a cupcake pan (makes about 24 so you might want two if you don't want to do it in batches), one large mixing bowl, a rubber spatula, and cupcake liners
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups flour sifted
- 1 Tb Spoon lemon juice
- 1 T Spoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 can of crushed pineapples
- 1/2 lb bag of coconut
- about 1/3 Cup rum ( I used coconut white rum to add to the coconut flavor but you can use what ever)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. sift in the flour. Stir just enough to blend.
- Add in the lemon juice and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each.Stir in the coconut.
- drain the pineapple and add half the can to the mix. Combine.
- spoon about 1/3 of the mix into each lined cupcake dish and bake for about an hour or until the cupcakes are golden brown.
- Once cupcakes are done immediately spoon a small spoon full (about 1Tb) of the rum onto each cupcake. Let cool and serve decorated with icing.