Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Cabinet Craft

Crafting is one pass time I haven't done in quite a while. Oh, we have a craft group we host for our church but it's not the same. It's for small children so you can guess the kind of "crafts" we do. ha. I mean, "real" crafting, you know, useful, fun DIYing. ha.
well, that is just what I did last week. It started with a need to organize combined with an empty container given to me via my mother after she reorganized her craft room. It was just sitting around for two weeks before I decided what to use it for but I knew it would be useful. That is when my seasoning cabinet beckoned for a facelift. Making this spice container was actually really easy.


Using some hot glue I filled in the ridged areas so that my traced cutout of paper would lay flush for writing on.
then I just used regular glue to adhere it to the container.

Next, I just filled the divided containers with dredges of several spice containers and seasonings. It was so nice to get rid of all those jars and containers that were crowding my cabinet and replace it with one!
Lastly, I just wrote on top what each container had in it.
And Boom! free, easy craft plus a better-organized cabinet! If you try this craft just make sure you us a sewing box or tackle box that does not have removable inserts. If it does, the spices will mix through the slats. eeek! This one is a sewing box you could probably find at any craft store.

No comments:

Post a Comment