Friday, June 20, 2014

Garden Progress

The crops are finally starting to bloom and I am just so excited to see all the fruit we will yield!
I also found out something I didn't know about squash... the flowers close at dusk and open at dawn! I love watching them "wake up" each day with new, giant, yellow flowers for me. There is about six flowers now and quite a few buds which I will inevitably and reluctantly have to pluck off before they bloom (so I get a full, healthier crop instead of a big crop with smaller fruit).

The green beans are even starting to grow fruit already. I had no idea the flowers looked so much like snapdragons but I love it!
You can see in the above photo that right now the green beans are smaller than the leaves. They have a while to go but it is exciting to see my diligence being paid off. Especially when the other side of the flower bed still has itty bitty baby sprouts of plants (zucchini, cucumber, and peppers to be exact).

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of your garden. You'll like my blog post from yesterday. It's about MY garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it and I DID like it ♥

    ReplyDelete