Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saying Goodbye

It's hard not living close to the ones you love. During the first two days of our vacation Button got to meet his grandparent on my father’s side (he is also the only great-grandchild on that side of the family) for the first time. Darling had to work those days so my mother drove us down early so that we wouldn't miss them heading home from a family wedding they were coming back from. It was such a nice treat for us all since they weren't able to come to my wedding and I hadn't seen them since in twelve years! 


I almost forgot how sweet my "masa" is and how fun my "babu" is (babu is Swahili and masa is made up).
Sometimes I wish the world was just a little smaller so we could see the ones we love longer and more often. 


Button was so enamored by them both.


 I just wish there was more time to swing on the swings, soak in more sunlight, and dance a little longer. It's hard living far from the ones you love but I've found it’s even harder to say, at the end of the day, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment