Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Camera

Yesterday a package came in the mail... my new camera! You see... I broke my old one and being that taking photos is, well, my job, I had to get a new one. The upside is this is so much more of an upgrade for me. I'm going to just come out and say it.... this is my first DSLR. I know shame on me. How can you be a professional photographer without a DSLR?! Right! I've learned that while having a better camera is nice and better in a lot of ways, that most of what makes a good photographer is a good photographer. Ha. That sounds so "duuu" but I mean it. So many people have told me they love my work... then they saw my camera and all that "great" work looked a lot less like a quality photo and a lot more like a toddler's scribbles.
I'm not sure what it is with clients and thinking they could do this without some sort of education on the matter. Ha. I guess it’s like that with a lot of skills. I know I'm no styles; I'd leave my hair to the pros so why do people think they can pick up a DSLR and think somehow they just got magic powers. :P Anyways, I'm pretty excited about getting my new camera! I was snapping away at it all yesterday and today so, here is a little of what I took with it; you know, because my son is amazing. 
I really love the ability of focus with some nice bokeh going on without ending up with a blurry mess. That is probably my favorite things about using a DSLR so far.

Sometimes you just gotta eat a strawberry all in one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment