Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dreaming in the Rain

 As the rain pitter patters on my window, I find myself stuck inside an empty house dreaming of ideas and things to fill it with to make it feel more like home. Finally, I got enough ideas put together to create a mood board for you all. I'm thinking of taking some before photos to share soon, as well; so this all makes a little more sense. 
   We have always had a yellow living room. It is my favorite color and just so happens that Darling strives for bright, lively colors in just about every room (I have to convince him that too much pastel can look washed out all. the. time). This time around I thinks our choices in color and style are still very much us but more subtle and mature, in a way. Instead of a canary, we went with a buttery yellow with warmer brown undertones. Of course, we played around with a lot of fun patterns and textures this time around.
In the end, I am really happy with how it all comes together. It totally says 'us'. I'm so ready to make it become a reality; alas, the saving comes before the spending. *sigh* I suppose I will sit with the rain and dream on just a little longer.



 Designing a room takes a little longer for me because, though Darling doesn't like helping create a mood board, when said board is done he always has an input on something if he doesn't like it. Therefore, I search for things I know we would both like and then run it by him as I go. We make design choices together in this house and I wouldn't want it any other way. After all, it’s his casa too! 

Livingroom
If anyone would like a list of the products to show I would be more than happy to share. Just leave a request in the comment section and I'll add it in. Also, I'd love to know what you all think. 

2 comments:

  1. I like it. I especially love the adorable little birds on the one fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bird fabric is by an artist I really like. Her name is Teagan White. the fabric is even organic (not that that matters to me. ha) but the fabric collection this is in isn't even actually for sale until June of this year! I'm just itching of impatience waiting to put an order in. ha. ♥

    ReplyDelete