After getting my inspiration from Jessica's pin on Pinterest, I buckled down and got to sewing. I loved the idea of fabric letter but wanted to take it a little further and came up with the idea to use different fabrics, textures, and objects attached to the letters to create a sensory development alphabet.
(As you can see, I'm missing two... I ran out of thread last night before I could finish sewing them but they are cut and waiting to be sewed up I just couldn't bring myself to miss out on writing this post because of two missing letter -.-).
The best part about these is that I managed to come up with 26 different sensory things; from zippers, leather and a pocket U to beads, fur, and buttons!
Some of them are made flat, the way Jessica shows in her tutorial, and some I made stuffed with filling.
I can't wait to spend more time with Button playing with these. He's a little young for them now (he won’t be able to play on his own with them until a least a month or understand the letters until at least three) but I did get him to hold one.
So I'm calling it a win!
Remember to share your love here as a link in the comments and don't forget to share a little love over at these gorgeous gall's blogs --->
Emily- Sparkle Meets Pop
Kate- Bower Power
Sherry- Young House Love
Renee- Red Bird Blue