Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Perfect Pear

The Hubby has been nagging me to write a recipe post for a dessert I sort of made up, but because it’s a made-up recipe, I kind of just eye-balled it while I made it. So I've been hesitant on posting about it. I also haven't posted it in fear that someone might think I 'stole' their idea... which... if that is you out there, sorry but there is no truly unique ideas in the world anyways :).
 Valentine's Day is coming up though, and I thought "This recipe would be great for a cute at home dinner for two because it only serves two!" (Of course, you can always double the recipe if you'd like)

This recipe is one of the most used in my house because my husband is a really big fan of it. In all honesty, we both are. It’s not exactly what I would call 'healthy' but because it uses fruit and no flour, it is healthier than say, a brownie and tastes just as amazing as any other treat, also, its rather quick to make which is one of the main reasons I make it so often. Well, enough chatting about it, here it is!

Cheesecake stuffed pears with caramel sauce

You will need: A small cooking pot, baking sheet, small bowl, fork, knife, spoon, and a spatula

For the Cheesecake filling

  • one pear
  • 3 Tb. spoon cream cheese ( I actually used neufchatel instead, but its really up to you)
  • 1/2 T spoon vanilla
  • 2 Tb. spoon sugar
For the caramel drizzle
  • 6 Tb. spoons sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 Tb. spoons. butter
  • 2 Tb. spoons milk
  1. Cut the pear in half; with the spoon, scoop out the core and discard it. ( I like to scoop out a bit more than just the core so that the filling doesn't overflow as much)
  2. Put your pear halves on the baking sheet and set the oven to boil. Broil the pear halves cut side up until they are golden brown and soft to the touch with a fork. (about 3 min.)
  3. Remove the pear halves from the oven and set aside.
  4. Meanwhile, heat your cooking pot to medium and melt the butter.
  5. when butter is golden brown, add the sugar and mix well until it is all dissolved.
  6. Remove the sugar butter from the heat and add in the milk. Stir constantly until it is well mixed. Return the mix to the heat and bring to a simmer. Stir every now and then.
  7. Meanwhile, in your small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the pear filling; with your fork, mix until it is smooth and creamy.
  8. Scoop a bit of the filling into each pear pit.
  9. Your caramel drizzle should be a dark-ish brown by now and have thickened slightly. If so, remove it from the heat and let cool for about 3 minutes. This should allow it to thicken just a little more. If it is not dark-ish brown, continue to simmer it and stir it occasionally until it is.
  10. Once the drizzle is cooled slightly and thickened a bit, drizzle it over your pears. Violà! You're done!

Happy Valentine's Day and hope you and your significant other enjoy this tasty treat. <3

P.S. I would love to know how it turns out for you, being that I made this up, so if you have any suggestions, tips or a review, please don't hesitate to give a shout out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment