Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mirror Mirror

Over the Easter weekend me and the hubby went on an amazing date.
We went out on a picnic by the creek and watched the birds play in the creek and people run on the trails while feeding chips to the ducks. It was amazing and so nice to just get to know my sweet Dear better. Once it got late we decided to check out a movie at the little theater on Main Street.
(photo by google search)
I'll give you one guesses what movie we saw. YEP 'Mirror'. It was so funny and it was such a relief to see a clean, funny, movie that. Best part? It was actually a completely different movie the 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'. I won't spoil it for anyone but was defiantly a clean enough movie to take your family too and one we will own for our kids (when they are older... it does have some violent scenes and some less than desirable ending in our taste). 
The Next day, we were driving around running earns and saw a little cardboard sign for a yard sale and just HAD to stop by. It was a sunny day here on Sunday after church and it was a fun little splurge. Best part, I found these.
I don't like the color AT ALL but I can SO see them in white with maybe a antiqued rub and I might even try antiquing the mirrors. 
I do love the shape and old world design. They are so charming.
(Look at all that dust. Should have cleaned them off when I got them home... shame on me!) The fact that we got them for a dollar each was just the icing on the proverbial cake! I can't wait to get stated on them but I'll have to hold off until we finish a few other projects we have going on around the Blanton 'cave' (Being a poorly built log cabin with few windows equals house-cave). I'm so excited to show you all what we have been working on and to get this brown pant out from under my nails and off my fingers ;).  Hope you all had loads of fun over this past week like we did!

4 comments:

  1. those mirrors are fabulous---and a dollar? i mean, come on...that's amazing.

    thanks for your comment on my blog today---it was way encouraging to this mama.
    i appreciate your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem and I could say the same to you! Thanks for the comment. I can't wait to dig into these babies and get them even more glamorous. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely date!
    Thanks for the movie recommendation. I've been wanting to see it.
    I LOVE the mirrors! And I think they'll look lovely in antiqued white. Maybe even, someday, decorated with pink bows in a little girl's room. :)
    By the way, your log cabin isn't SUCH a cave. I thought it was charming. (However, admittedly, I don't LIVE there...;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a wonderful date; and your welcome.
    I can't wait to paint them. I already have the paint but am waiting to start on them until after we finish the never-ending-dresser-project. I wanted to be done with that already but being that I have to wait until The hubby finishes the drawing part, I can't finish painting it. So there's that. But rest assure, they WILL be done before any children will see them in a room. I like your idea of ribbon or a bow on them. maybe I'll incorporate that into the finished product some how :). So thanks! Our house is brighter now that we got some energy efficient light bulbs in and added some to the places were we where missing bulbs. Its crazy what that can do. lol. Thank you for you comment. ♥

    ReplyDelete