Thursday, March 22, 2012

Taking it to Heart

Over the first week in March, I got to spend quite a bit of time with two wonderful ladies.

My mother invited my sister and me to see the play 'Wicked' and to stay over for an amazing girl’s week!
(photo by me)
We even got some much needed shopping in and they took me to a shop called 'Shoe Woo' which actually carried shoes in my size ( size 5- 51/2)! 
Yes those are my tinny feet. :P. My amazing mother even bought me a pair that looks GREAT with everything.
 (taken by mio)
 I can dress them down with jeans and a t-shirt or play them up with a cute skirt and because they are neutral, I can wear them with just about everything I own! How awesome is that!?
But shoes were just the beginning. After trying on about 100 pairs of shoes we headed over to a cute shop called Charming Carlies. EVERYTHING in the shop was colored coordinated. It was like a type A's dream come true! 
There my sister had a few breakdowns over some cute digs.
But all and all we had a blast!
I think though, the most impacting thing that happened for me over the wee was 1. me and my sister had a bonding/ crying moment during the play.
2. I realized that these are the type of moments to soak in and strive to remember for always; that we don't get a retake in life and if we don't make now the best we can we won’t have it later to make it better.
 And 3. On the car ride home from my mothers, she and I got into a conversation about changing your life now, for the better. She said something that really hit me. That if everyone did only 5 things diligently every day to better themselves, then they world would all in all be 10x better within 90 days.
I decided right then and there that I was no longer going to sit around wishing for the body I want or the life I want and to go out and do what it takes to make it happen. So, my five things, starting today, are 
1. Yoga
This is mostly to help me get better posture, more focus for the day, and stretches done so working out is easier and my body is calmer and I am more at peace.
2. Blogging
I want to be a better blogger. I want to share my life story with those I love and care about but am too far from to do so on day to day bases. At times I am sure it will be more of quantity and less of quality because, let’s face it, I won’t want to write every day. But it’s like my mother said, the quality will come when the quality continues... or something along those lines. : P so please bear with me... this is a work in progress.
3. Working out
Because it makes me feel better. I feel better about myself, my body, and my ego. It makes me happy and I don't do it enough because I'm lazy and that is not good enough of a reason to not work out. I want more for myself and I want to be a role model for health for my children. That mean it starts NOW and with ME before I have children!
4. House work
I'll face it. I don't work hard enough every day. I want this to be on the list even though I do work Monday- Friday on the house because I know I there are days when the house is 98% clean and so I put the 2% off. I want to give it my all. That, its ok to not live in a perfect house as long as I work a little on it each day it will eventually become a perfect house. I get down on myself for not having it spotless and then even less gets done. I hope, by allowing myself to just get one thing done as the goal that I will WANT to do more down the line and it will be easier for me and I will beat myself up less.
5. Photography
I need this. I need this because I love it. After all, who says everything on your list has to be hard or rigorous or something you don't enjoy doing? I feel that by taking a photo everyday it will make me appreciate that day and each day a little more. That in some way, it will become memorable. I love taking photos and I don't do it enough. I think this will help me enjoy life and the little thing.

All the photos in this post were taken by my gifted sister unless specified so. Thank you Sheridan for the amazing photos. You are gifted and don't let anyone tell you you’re not! :)

So what are some things you all do every day to better yourself... if you do any at all? Have any of you found some great shoes or heard something inspiring from someone lately? How about a play? Any one goes see anything really great and just HAVE to tell someone how awesome it was? I'd love to hear your thoughts. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment