Friday, October 14, 2011

Ratatouille with fried Polenta

This is one of my most favored dishes. Its probably so loved because its so easy to make and tastes SOOOO good. Like no joke, this will most likely be the #1 thing I make for my kids. If you can't cook (or say you can't cook) this is a recipe for you. Its so simple even the Hubby has made it before and the max my hubby has EVER cooked was grilling cheese on a tortilla. Anther great reason to love this is that its vegetarian but it had NO tofu in it and taste 100% good. It almost makes you forget your eating healthy :P.  So here is goes.

You will need: spatula (or tongs) for flipping the polenta ( I like a spatula better because they are easy to break), one medium and one large frying pan.

  • 16 oz pack polenta ( I use Italian flavored)
  • 1 small red pepper, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 small garlic clove minced
  • 1 Table spoon olive oil
  • 1/2 a small eggplant, chopped with peel on
  • 1 zucchini, chopped un-peeled
  • 1 small yellow squash un-peeled
  • 2 tomatoes chopped
  • Italian seasoning
  • shredded Parmesan cheese
  1. heat half the oil in your large frying pan at medium high heat. Add in all the vegetables and fry until the tomatoes fall apart and the others are soft. stir occasionally
  2. remove from heat and set aside. In the medium pan heat the other half of the oil (using the same burner if you like) and cook the polenta according to the package on both sides.
  3. toss the ratatouille with a small amount of Italian seasoning to taste. serve the ratatouille over the polenta and sprinkle with a generous amount of cheese.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy, Bethany! I like polenta. I only recently discovered it, and I don't know that many ways to fix it, so this is definitely going to get tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the polenta in your fridg. last time I was over so I KNEW you would just love this :D Maybe I'll try to find more polenta recipes to try so I can post them for you ;)

    ReplyDelete