Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate

Fall days are getting colder and it has come that time for warm comfort food, colorful walks though the woods all bundled up in scarves, and hot coco! So here I am with a great recipe for pumpkin whit hot chocolate <3.
This original recipe comes can be seen here. I actually found it on pinterest and just loved the idea of white hot chocolate so I made it! The actual recipe calls for 4 oz of white chocolate but I found that this didn't quite give me the chocolaty flavor I was personally looking for so I used 9 oz (one and a half 6 oz bars).  If you really want that pumpkin/ fall flavor then you might like to keep with the original recipe but for all you white chocolate lovers, here's my adapted recipe.
You will need: a medium sauce pan, a whisk, and a soup ladle (optional).

  • 3 Cups whole milk
  • 1 Cup canned pumpkin puree (warning... this is NOT the whole can)
  • 1 T Spoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 T Spoon Fresh grated ginger or 1/4 T spoon dried ginger
  • 1/8 T Spoon ground cloves
  • 1/8 T Spoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 T Spoon vanilla extract
  • 9 oz white chocolate
  • a pinch of salt
  • Whipped cream (optional)
  1. Heat the milk and pumpkin puree over medium low heat just until it starts to simmer. Whisk to combined. Add in the spices and whisk well.
  2. Add in the chocolate and whisk until it is all melted.
  3. pore ( or  ladle) into mugs and serve with whipped cream (optional)

Happy fall !

No comments:

Post a Comment