Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chicken with Lime and Avocado Salsa

Its like I said before, we eat way to much Mexican food! This one wasn't spicy or heart burn causing or tasteless at all though so I would give it a 8 out of 10. Partly because it was Mexican food which I am SO sick of and partly because the chicken was just a little dry. But that might have to do more with the cooker not the food itself because I had to cook it longer then the directions said so that it wasn't pink and I had to do that because I used chicken breast instead of chicken cutlets (which are thinner then breasts). What ever the cause, they were just a little dry. Now when I say a little dry I don't mean Hubbies grandmas turkey dry were she cooks it in the oven for 24 hours at .2 F ( no offence granny if your reading this) no, I mean a little dry as in not juicy but not so dry you feel like you need a glass of water. So if you don't mind that then you can use the chicken breast like I did and just cook them longer at a lower temperate. Other wise, just fallow what the recipe says.

You will need : a indoor grill, tongs, a medium mixing bowl, and a large spoon.
  • 4 chicken cutlets (or two chicken breasts sliced down the middle in two)
  • 3 TB Spoons EVOO (Extra virgin Olive oil .... I will use this abbreviation for now on so look out)
  • 3 Large avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped
  • 1 large tomato chopped
  • 1 medium onion, cut into strips
  • 1 Jalapeno pepper, cut, seeded and sliced
  • 3 TB Spoons lime juice
  • 1/4 Cup cilantro
  • lime wedges (optional)
  1. Preheat grilling pan to high heat. Coat the chicken in 2 TB spoons of the EVOO and season with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
  2. Cook the chicken on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink and juice runs clear. turn one with tongs.
  3. Mean while, in the medium bowl combine the vegetables, lime juice, and remaining EVOO. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
  4. serve with lime wedges and chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment