Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Busy Bees

A few weeks ago My Darlings work had a cook out and everyone who wanted to could bring something so of course I was all over that offer! But what to make? I was think of making a rub for what ever people brought to cook on the grill but quickly throw that out the window when I relized I had no idea what people were going to grill or if they were going to bring there own seasonings. I did know however, that people would most likely bring things like chips and dip and sodas and of course some kind of (or a couple kinds of ) salad. So, I desided to go with a less then traditional rout and make one of my all time favorets... a baked good! Being that it was a cook out I figured what would be better then something sweet, sunny and fresh. Thats when I found this wonderful recipe. So, with no more delay, here it is!



Rosemary and Lemon Cupcakes
You will need: a muffen pan, cupcake linners, a large mixing bowl, electric mixer, greater, and two small bowls.
  • 1/2 C butter, softened
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 3/4 C cake flour
  • 2 T spoons fresh minced rosemary
  • 1 1/2 T spoon baking powder
  • 1/2 T spoon salt
  • 1 C suger
  • 1 1/2 T spoon lemon extract
  • 1/2 T spoon vanilla
  • 2/3 C milk
  • 2 T spoons greated lemon peel
  • 3 TB spoons lemon juice
For Glaze
  • 1 C powder sugar
  • 5-5 1/2 T spoons lemon juice
  1. line muffen pan with cupcake linners and set aside. In a small bowl combine the cake flour, rosemary, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. In the large bowl beat the butter on medium-high with the electric mixer for 30 minutes. Add in the sugar, lemon extract, and vanilla. Beat for about 2 minutes or until the mix is light and fluffy. Scrap down the sides with a rubber spatula.
  3. Add in eggs, one at a time beathing well after each one. Alternation adding in the flour mix and then milk starting with the flour mix. Beat on low just until mixed between each one.
  4. Stir in the lemon peel and lemon juice.
  5. Spoon the batter into prepared muffen pan about 3/4th full. Bake 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you pock the middle of the cupcakes. Remove and let cool completely.
For glaze :
  1. while cupcakes are cooking, combined the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. mix well until its smooth and has a spreading consistency.
  2. When cupcakes are cooled spoon the glaze on top.
for the bees I used gumpast and dyed it yellow. Then I took small pieces and rolled them into ovals. I used black food coloring and a toothpick to make the black lines. For the wings I simply pressed almond slivers into the finnished cupcakes  so that they held the 'body' of the bee up. Lastly, I just pressed in two little brown sprinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment