Friday, April 20, 2012

I Work Out!

I have been putting off hesitating to make this post for a long time now. You see, for those of you who recall this post, I made a goal to do five things each day for 90 days. Well, in some cases I have failed (i.e. working on my blog and taking photos) but in other ways I am winning! I have done Yoga and worked out everyday sense March and I am so thankful that I have. But I don't plane on stopping now. I have a goal weight to achieve ( my ideal BMI weight) and for the first time in my life I can feel muscle in my arms and abdomen when I flex so there is no way I'm stopping now! But there is something that I need to do and that is to start progress posts. You see, I have read a lot of success stories and work out blogs and stuff but only a handful of them have before photos. And while this post and article and such that ARE inspiring and motivating I feel, sometimes, that the goal to be healthy is so far away. Even when I read article that say such and such person lost such and such in a year or whatever short time frame it was, I feel like in the back of my mine I'm thinking 'yeah right'. So, it would be wrong of me to NOT post my progress. I feel like I would be doing the same thing those articles sometime do and leave out the middle ugly part. You know, the part where I mutter curse words under my breath as I do one more Russian twist or the ugly when I have photos taken right after a hard core work out and have crazy-messy-hair and am all sweaty and red looking. Yeah, I feel it important to document this thing. Not to discourage others or show how hard it is but to show what it’s REALLY like. To me it would almost be like lying to leave you all out and then pop out of the blue like "look at my hot bod". I mean come on; no one gets that way (in a healthy way) over night! So here I am after babbling for way too long to post my first workout photo after almost two months.
Please be kind with your comments.  Words can heal or hurt but I would love to hear your ideas and any work out tips any of you might have. It's not easy for me to post those photos. My goal is to post a progress photo once a month and maybe a few posts in between about how things are going and workouts I like along with some other stuff... Currently I am using Back On Points work out in the mornings and whatever workout is in my Fitness mag. that month (they normally have two work out planes in each issue so I do one half of the month and the other the other half). I feel by mixing up my workouts each month it makes it so my body never gets used to one routine and therefore I keep gaining muscle and losing fat in a steady, healthy way. Anyone one else working to be healthier? Anyone already make the change? I would love to hear what your ideas are on this subject.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's nice that you're posting 'before' pictures. You'll be so proud of the difference, when you're ready to post 'after' pictures! If you never HAVE the 'before' pictures, then you won't realize how far you've come, and you won't be as excited about all your progress.
    It sounds like you're well on your way! I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I hope it is motivating to others as well though. ♥

    ReplyDelete